Imagine you wearing slippers for your hiking trip! How will that end up? There are multiple men’s shoes for different activities. It is important to wear the right shoes for the right occasion.
That will keep your feet healthy and safeguard them from unnecessary injuries. However, finding the right shoe pair that fits your type takes time. And in the process, one can miss out on the mains because there are multiple things to understand and tick off. So here is a detailed list of the important points to ensure you find the right men’s shoes.
Effect Of Shoes On Your Legs, Feet & Joints
Because you are here to find the right trendiest men’s shoes, getting a detailed overview of how a pair of shoes can affect your whereabouts is important. It is a shoe that can add stress to your feet or make walking around easy without extra pressure. Continue with the explanations below for a detailed understanding.
- Wearing shoes too tight or loose for your foot size can stress your ankles, feet, other joints and lower legs. Continuing for the longest will cause pain and irreplaceable muscle injuries.
- A sports person wearing the wrong shoes can suffer injuries like Achilles tendon pain and shin splints. Also, the wrong pair leads to ingrown nails, pain in the lower back and other problems with posture.
- For the elderly, wearing the wrong shoes can trigger their existing problem of arthritis or other pain in the hip, knee and joints.
- When you have a job requiring prolonged standing hours, the wrong pair of men’s shoes can cause pain and stress to your soft tissues. The right one will offer steady relief from the burning pain.
- Also, when participating in complex outdoor activities, including running and jumping, wear covered shoes with a steady sole. As flip flops are not the convenient choice that you must go for. It can lead to muscle sprain and leg injuries.
5 Tips To Help You Select The Right Men’s Shoes
Now that you know what the right pair of men’s shoes can do to you. Here is a steady guide to selecting the one.
1.Understand When You Should Get A New Shoe
Most people continue wearing worn-out shoes, failing to understand that their shoe is causing all that extra problem. So look for signs that you need to get the shoes replaced.
- You can start by looking at the heel. When the heel has become angled, your shoe needs to be replaced. Using the same shoe will cause discomfort to your leg and back. Get your shoe replaced instead of going for some quick fixes.
- Keep a tab on the time you have been using a shoe. Some shoes might look great from the outside, but are not. A running shoe lasts you for 350 to 500 miles. So, when you have been using your running men’s shoes for over a year, it’s time to replace them.
2.Select A Shoe With a Firm Foundation
Similar to the foundation of a house, your shoes will also help your body maintain the ultimate balance. So always, get a shoe offering a firm foundation. The best way to try is to take a test walk with the same. Whether you are buying one online or offline, walk around with the shoes in your house or the shop, make sure it feel comfortable, and then get one. Bend the toe part of your shoe. If it easily folds in half, that is a sign that the shoe base is too soft. Get the one that bends somewhat but stays rigid when looking for a sturdy shoe.
3.Concentrate On Your Foot’s Characteristics
Human feet do differ from one to another. You have various foot shapes and arch types. Here is a steady definition of all of them:
- Foot shape: You might notice that your left foot differs from the right one. And that is perfectly fine! It works the same wayy for everyone. You will feel uncomfortable in shoes with narrow toe boxes when you have wide feet. Wearing them will only cause discomfort and pain.
- Arch Type: An arch helps your feet absorb the impact when walking or running. You need to concentrate on your foot arch type, particularly the longitudinal arch. The height of the longitudinal arch affects how your feet will touch the ground during outdoor activities. There are three types of arch – normal, low, and high. When you have a normal arch, any comfortable shoe will go. For low arch, go with men’s shoes offering extra cushion. You need a flexible yet supportive shoe type when you have a high arch.
- Pronation: Pronation is how you step on the ground. It is affected by your natural movements over time. There are three types of pronation: neutral, overpronation, and supination.
4.Always Go Shoe Shopping At The End Of The Day
Your feet will likely expand throughout the day as you walk around and run here and there. So use this opportunity to go shoe shopping or try the new ones delivered. That will help you understand if the new pair will back you up across all circumstances. If you have no other option than to try the shoe at the beginning of the day, Consider a quick run on the treadmills or a cardio regimen before that. This will similarly affect your feet, equaling the entire day of walking around.
5. Match Your Shoe To The Sport When You Are Into Athletics
When you are into occasional tournaments and friendly matches, get the perfect shoe type that matches your sports requirements. You cannot take part in a soccer game with basketball shoes. Both have different shapes and sole settings to help you with proper ease in the game. You must wear cleats that dig into the ground for a football game. For basketball, you need light, flexible, and steady men’s shoes.
Whether trying the trendiest men’s shoes or the cult favorites, you must abide by a similar guideline in the write-up. Finding the right shoes might take some time, but the comfort and satisfaction are worth the try.